CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A little too late

Every parent wants great photos of their kids. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do, how you do it, you still want those great images to pass down to future generations. Or at least I do. However, being that I have an addiction to photography, I rarely put my camera down. Ever!

Today, I spent the evening at the beach with my two favorite boys. ALL I wanted to do was capture a few fantastic images of my son. I mean c'mon, it was his first time at the beach since he was 6 months old. This was his first time really getting to go on an adventure and experiment with the elements.

I spent an hour being my son's paparazzi. He had a blast, but I didn't. I couldn't manage to get any shots that just spoke to me. I was too focused on the technicalities to enjoy myself. I ended up giving up. I grabbed my blanket, and my camera, and headed back to the car. As I headed back to the beach, my husband informs me that he's ready to go as it's nearing my son's bed time. I reluctantly agreed to go home.

That's when it hit me. I missed the entire experience with my son. His first time at the beach truly enjoying himself, and I missed it all because I was too busy looking through my lens and not directly at him. It's because of this, that I encourage those reading this to spend less time taking that
"perfect photo" and more time creating the "perfect memory". 


2 comments:

  1. i think you are completely right you never want to miss those moments that last a lifetime in your heart those memories they will never forget and these 2 photos you did capture are breath taking i still have yet to take my daughter to the beach and she is going on 3 years old!!! and i have a 6 month old son i cant wait to take them.-kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Sometimes we get so caught up that we forget to pay attention to what is happening right in front of us.

    You still got some beautiful photos, Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete